Both Doug and I completed our goal of running a Marathon on February 14th!!! It was very romantic...okay not really, but it was very exciting for both of us. The motto for us this Valentine's was "Love Hurts."
I have never been more proud of Doug! He literally did not train. I have been training since this summer, but actually really got into my training this January. Sarah, my best friend since Kinder...helped prepare me for the big race!!! Thank you so much Sarah for all of your help.
The race went something like this...tough hills for the first 13 miles. Doug enjoyed running back and forth between all of the food stations as he called them. It was neighbors handing out goodies and cheering racers on...I kept telling him that all that food was going to give him a cramp. It was pretty humourous seeing him eat, eat, and eat some more. Then the big split came...those that were finishing the half marathon and those that were going the distance!!! Go Browns Go...
We veered off to continue another 13.1 miles...went strong until about mile 20.5. I began to cramp. We walked for about half a mile and then began the run again...from about 22-25 (off and on running and walking)...then we finished strong. Our time was five hours and 57 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment