Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Busy is an understatement at the Brown Household!!!

Today will be the day to catch up on what has been going on here at The Brown's...

Pictures will have to follow due to computer issues:)...there always has to be something...

October:

Fall is always my favorite season! I love to get to be part of cooler weather, Fall Festivals, kids getting into the routine of school, and of course Chili and soups for dinner. This is my kind of cooking (real simple)...

In Ocotber our family:

1. Visited and rode Thomas the Train. It was so exciting to see the kids get into the train ride. We were able to go with a group of families that our children have grown up with. It was a great outing and the expressions were priceless!

2. Went to a ton of Fall Festivals...this is always such a highlight for the kids and Doug and I. It is so much fun to watch the kiddos as they play games, bounce in bouncy houses, trick or treat, and of course score lots of candies (daddy and mommy do not like this one quite as much...we here about the candy issue for weeks. Finally Mommy just throws it all away!!!)

3. I was able to host one of my dearest friends baby showers this month. It was so exciting to be part of Becky's shower. It was held at El Patron's. The theme was hot pink, zebra, and a little lime green thrown in...and to top it off we got to celebrate Little Baby Eamon's arrival in December!!!

4. Kiddos are still enjoying school. McCade is as creative as ever. This creativity is so much fun to watch. He loves to dress as creatures, superheros, and transformers! On another note, his laundary pile is 2 times as much as the girls put together. I am wondering what this means:)??? The boy loves clothes...Cool clothes that is. I was informed in late November that McCade thought he needed shirts that either had numbers on them or that they had some kind of sport logo or theme to them. Several times he would point at the types of shirts that he wanted when I would come to pick him up. My adorable preppy boy has now wanted to go COOL! Get with it Mom!!!

5. Doug's business has hit a wonderful groove...the economy has turned for the better. Thank you God!!! October, November, and December were record months for Doug...I do believe he even made Loan officer of the month all three months!!! Go daddy go...and keep going:)...

6. I am extremely blessed with my position teaching Second Grade. The school that I teach for is a Classical, University Model approach...this means that we meet two days a week (similar to a University)...Students and parents then follow lesson plans on MWF. It is an amazing fit for our family and I look forward to our children coming through this program.

No comments: