Monday, December 22, 2008

Stinkin Cute Feet!!! A Non Crafters version...





For all of you that know me well...you know that I am craft illiterate! I love to see all of the wonderful things that you guys make, but when I try to come up with the same product, it looks just like a preschooler had created it:)...Actually, there are many preschoolers who create better work of art than I.

So, this year I asked mom what she wanted for Christmas and her reply was a plate with the children's feet on it...of course when I show you guys what the picture that I was trying to copy looked like you will not be amazed at how precious my work is...so I will let you just imagine.

So, here are some pics of the plates that I am giving to all my moms (my mother, mother-in-law, and other mother-in-law...).

Mom...when you read this, just remember that the plate was made for love by not only your little three angels, but also one big angel. Sorry it is not quite like the one you wanted, but it is made especially for you by me:)!!! I just have to let you all know that I am laughing here as I type this. It takes me back to the day, I made a cup for my mother and it was the ugliest creation that any kid could come up with...I now have tears coming down my face thinking back to this moment. I was so embarressed to give it to her, but it was some mother's day gift. As you can tell I am a great canditate for regifting awesome craft items or having to buy them...

3 comments:

Debralea said...

Very cute idea! So glad I found your blog and that you are a blogger. I'm going to add your link to mine. Have a Merry Christmas...your kiddos are gorgeous. :)

C.Thompson said...

Sarah,
I think they turned out great. I did the same thing last year. I had this great idea I would take the kids to this pottery studio and have Christmas platter made. The kids were supposed to use their hand prints to make a Christmas Tree. Well the girl in the studio was NO help and before I knew it the platters were totally brown from the kids mixing paint. I was sooo bummed and stressed as our platter DID NOT turn out like the display. However, then ended up being the best present I ever gave my Mom and MIL. They loved it and they display these brown creations all year long. Seriously, it was the best gift in their eyes because it came from the heart and the kid created it. Your Mom and MILs will totally love and cherish them.

Christine said...

Sarah! These are seriously fantastic! I am so impressed! Your family is going to love these super-cute & thoughtful creations. Way to go, hon!